Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebay Vendor Warning

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Just thought I would pass this along to you guys. Ebay regularly has several auctions from a company called Sigler Music that sell (in my case) nickel plated vintage tuners for Fenders. BEWARE!! While the price on these tuners is fabulous, they do not come with ferrules or screws. I can live without the screws but the ferrules just present a PIA. Bass Parts Resource has them and that's where I'll get them but I won't be doing any more business with Sigler.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I'll get the pitchforks and torches.

3. Hambone. thanks for the warning.

4. Just got this communique from Sigler Music in response to an email I sent them about this...

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Reply seemed pretty pro. How do you feel about them now, Alan?

Thanks for the heads up. I was just looking at a pickguard on eBay and they were the sellers.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That was a courteous, professional reply, I think. Sounds like they want to keep you happy, which I think I pretty decent of them.

7. Well, I'm impressed. Now it's just whether or not you want the product. The company itself seems fine.

Thanks for the info and update.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hothead. If I were you, Hammy, I'd feel mighty low right about now.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'd be a bit frustrated if they didn't send bushings. They didn't say that they weren't in there in the auction. But, they did do the right thing to correct it. So, just read carefully, and when in doubt, ask.

10. And just how does this justify calling me a hothead? I had a problem with a vendor, wrote to them about it, told fellow TB'ers about it and informed everyone of the vendor's movement towards a resolution. No tempers, no shouting, no problem.

Get your head on straight.

Note that part where it's stated that "It will take a while to get them from Fender." For my schedule, that's not an option - especially an open ended promise like that. I returned a note to Sigler thanking them for their response but informing them that it wouldn't be necessary as I had already ordered the ferrules from Bass Parts Resource. And, true to form, they arrived in 2 days.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice move on your part Alan to post the follow up.

-Mike

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1

Not only will he still get the parts (probably take a while), but now they are updating their site.....sounds like Alan took one for the team.

:)

13. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Seems like everyone involved did the right thing.

14. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I bought a bass from these guys a few weeks ago, and it was exactly as described...good guys over there, very responsive.