Ebay Wood

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Skorzen, May 28, 2003.

1. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I have seen some really nice wood for sale on ebay, and was wondering if any one here has expirience with this sort of thing? I was looking at some claro walnut and some burl stuff. Let me know if there are any dealers you recomend or don't recomend.
  2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Probably best if you post the dealers you like/don't like and ask it that way.

There is/was a thread a while back in this forum where some of us aired a little bit of dirty laundry. Some of the dealers crank the contrast or use some other slimy practices to make the wood look more spectacular than it really is. It's easy to be disappointed by wood you get on EBay.
  3. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Yeah, I thought that I had seen something like that, but did a search and did'nt see I guess it's time to do some more digging.

edit: I found that thread. If any one wants to add to it that would be appreciated. Here is the linkfor anyone interested. It is mixed in with the rest of the on topic comments so you have to look a little.
  4. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Well, to add one name to the list of good sellers, Woodnut (California Walnut Designs) sells fantastic wood and is a really nice guy too!