Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Apr 11, 2004.

1. hey, if i was to buy a combo amp on ebay, can i trust or should i not do it? i look at the guys stats but im still not sure on the whole buying without testing thing...

so should i buy amps from ebay?
  2. give us a link and we can have a look for ourselves. Does he/she have generally good feedback? Bad?
  3. This guy has no bad feedback and he's offering free shipping...sounds like a good deal to me. You should be safe to bid.

However, that's obviously a photo from peavey's site. Before you bid, I recommend sending him an email asking for a photo of the actual thing.
  4. ok, thanks, i didn't notice that thing with the photo, ill email him

-thx a lot
  5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Also notice that unlike the title of the auction, shipping is not free unless the final bid is $ 350 or higher. Check the bottom of the auction for shipping rates under $ 350.
  6. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Looks like a legit auction and an OK-GOOD deal. Try doing a search on harmony-central for that model of amp to see what people say about it if you haven't already (or do a search here, too!)
  7. I never had a problem, I got my Trace 100w on Ebay for a bargain £143, and saved myself £35 postage by driving about 80 mins over to Leeds to pick it up.

Looks decent enough deal, as posted above take caution to look at postage rates, as it stands at the moment you will have to pay $40 shipping.