Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rose_of_Sharyn, Jul 30, 2005.

1. So im thinking of selling a couple basses and an amp on ebay since for some reason I cant post a new topic on the classified here..but anyway. Does anybody know if it costs money to put up stuff? And does it cost more if you have the "buy it now" option? Thanks.

-Steve

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    If you don't know the answers to these questions, you NEED TO READ THE EBAY RULES, REGULATIONS, AND FEE INFORMATION. Just like reading the stickies in the For Sale forum will tell you that you need to be a supporting member to post there.

E-Bay's fees are rather straight forward and YES it will cost you money to sell something, and every option you use will cost you more.

3. i think you covered it

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    You can't post in the classifieds because you have to be a supporting member. It costs a minimum of 20$/year and you get to post unlimited things in the classifieds. You also get access to the TB Lounge and you can gave an avatar. Plus, you help keep the site running. The fees alone on ebay will end up costing you more than a supporting membership.

http://www.talkbass.com/content/support.php?styleid=11