Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassist4christ, Dec 26, 2005.

1. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Has anyone ever got anything off of ebay from overseas?
  2. yep.
    What would you like to know?
  3. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    I'm looking at some fender pick ups from Italy, do you think it's safe to buy from overseas?
  4. Yeah sure - just be real sure of the seller (rating of 50+ or so)AND get all of their details. My favourite is to call the seller and check up/chat, I know this will cost $$ for international calls - but its money invested IMHO.
    Print out every email, and message and be prepared to ask for their address, phone and mobile etc. You never know.
    Also - get insured airmail (trust me), and request the Tracking number - without one of these you've got buckleys of finding it if it goes missing in the post.
    Good Luck.
  5. I bought an album from someone in Asia, got it OK, so overseas can be OK.

However, if you're buying Fender pickups, they're common here in the US, so why hassle with an overseas seller? Even if the auction price seems a few dollars cheaper, don't forget shipping, and the "overseas hassle factor"....and if the asking price is waaay cheaper than any US auction, that seems odd.
  6. I've purchased stuff from the UK on the Bay. Perfect transaction. I would actually trust Europeans more than Americans.