1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eBay

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rollo47, Oct 9, 2006.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Just a quick one here.

How much positive feedback do you look for before bidding on an item?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Depends on the item, but as a general rule of thumb, as long as the seller has 10 positive feedbacks from buyers and no negatives, I figure it's a safe bet.

However, that's not necessarilly the case if the guy's been selling $5 tubes of Mary Kay makeup and then tries to offload a $3000 Fodera bass... that might make me a tad bit suspicious.

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i usually look for over 50 positive with a 95% positive or better. i look at what they sold to make sure they didn't do what typlons above posted about.

4. 99.5% positive. Unless it's something REALLY rare (out-of-print import CD, for instance)--then I'll go down to 98% AFTER checking all negatives. Some idiots leave negative feedback without making genuine effort to work with the vendor first--and if that's the case, I'll let it slide and bid. Anyone with lower feedback than that, I've found that it tends to be because of consistent problems--not keeping enough tabs on their stock (so putting up auctions for stuff that's no longer available), bad/cheap packing, slow ship times, etc.

I will give newbies a chance if the item's cheap enough...after all, we all had to start somewhere. :) And usually they're quite motivated to make a good sale, to start off good feedback.

These criteria have worked for me--only one stiffing in 8 years. :cool:

5. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if it's worth putting my Deep Impact up on the bay. At this stage, I'm only sitting on 4 positive feedback, but I haven't received any negative.

6. So you're sitting at 100% then. Some might not bid because you're so new, but others might. Why not go for it?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021