1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ebay

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by mr powers, May 26, 2012.

1. mr powers

mr powers

May 22, 2012
    I'm not sure where to put this question so i just stuck it up here. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

There is a seller on ebay who has two items...a bass and an amp. I'm offering him xx dollars for both. He said "if you agree to purchase then I will end the auction".
    My question is, am I still covered by ebay and or paypal if something goes wrong?

Thanks for any help on this.
    Glenn

Edit: Probably not if he ends the listing right? Would I need him to re-list the 2 items as a single listing ("Buy it Now") then proceed from that point?

2. I would personally think you would be covered as you're still buying through eBay.

Then again, I'm also not an employee of eBay.
    Maybe you should hit up a contact form and check it out, but try to get him to seal your price maybe?

3. mr powers

mr powers

May 22, 2012
    ebay said "get him to end the two listings, re-list at the agreed amount, send me the item number and then I 'buy it now'.

Thanks
    Glenn

4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    Ebay is where scoundrels & cheapskates like me converge, like sharks to blood. Beware. Every so often you'll run into a complete ass-hat. About once a week. There are good deals too but it's a terrible place for the average person to sell goods.