Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eberhard weber's sound

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by elga, Aug 15, 2000.

1. elga

elga

Aug 14, 2000
    hi
    i'm a new participant in this forum, looking to find an instrument (bass guitar/upright bass)that will enable me to achieve a similar sound like eberhard weber (ecm)in "pendulum" for example. at the moment i play a fretless fender jazz bass.
    thanks
    gabriel

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Gabriel,

eberhard is one of my favorites and one of the most underrated players. Eberhard plays a 5 string electric up right and really accentuates the mids. Another plus is the ECM recording engineers who really specialize in getting that "ECM" sound.

Try boosting you mid frequencies, an EQ or preamp such as the Fodera model 2000 preamp might help

3. even8s

even8s

Jan 19, 2002
    yeah, eberhard IS my favorite. his 5 string upright has a high C i believe. but how do you suppose he gets that great sound. more than just heavy mids. what effects is he using???? anybody know?

thanks

4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Some might think that some of that sound is in his hands and his heart. I would have to agree with that to some degree.

There are just some players who can make ANY bass sound great.

Mike