1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Eberle Bass Outfit

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by plester102, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This Musima, made in Germany, Eberle laminated Bass was purchased from “Ideal Music’ in NYC during December 2005. It was new old stock (manufactured about 1985.) The bass is in good to excellent condition. No fingerboard wear. A few superficial nicks and scratches. I had a luthier (Pete at Pete’s Bass Shop in Portland , OR) do a complete $350 setup (invoice included with sale) on the bass at that time. He planed the fingerboard, adjusted the soundpost, and replaced the bridge with a new Despiau Superior bridge with solid aluminum adjusters. The tailpiece coat hanger was also replaced. It now has a Clef Hi-Tec flexible tail gut. I’ve had the tailpiece replaced with a real ebony tailpiece. The entire bass has been hand rubbed with pumice stone to give it a beautiful satin sheen. It no longer has that glossy polyurethane look. It has new Obligato strings installed. And now for the extras: It has a Revolution Solo pickup installed. Included is a Gollihur bass bag, an Ingles bass stand, a rosewood German bass bow with Carlsson bass rosin. Also includes the Essential Elements 2000+ 3 book series with 3 CDs and DVD. A set of Barefoot Larry’s Weed Wacker strings are included. In all over $425 of extras plus the $350 pro setup. The current Ideal Music price for the Eberle laminated bass is $975 plus shipping. This bass is for sale at $975 including all of the extras and pro setup. This bass is ready to play out of the box. No extras to buy. Never gigged. Shipping will be about $250+ in the original container via freight truck. Lower 48 only. Guaranteed to be as described. 48 hour return privilage. Or, you may audition the bass in Eugene, Oregon by appointment. Email at: [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    This is an amazing deal for the entire outfit!!

I was wondering if you would like to sell the bag separately?
    Thanks,
    Jesse

3. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    how do you do that pumice stone thing? i'd love to do this to my bass :hyper:

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    +1. It looks nice. I've read here about folks using 3M pads, steel wool, or other stuff to cut down on the shine. I haven't worked up the nerve yet, but I just might do it over the holidays. (if I find the time.)

5. (a bit off topic, sorry)
    Pretty interesting stone grinding you've gotten there.
    (Looks at his)
    Ah well, at least when it shines I always know where its at...

6. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    E-Mail sent.

7. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    PM sent -- e-mail bounced.

8. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    He told me the bass is sold.

-Kramer

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.