1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD EBMM Bongo 4HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom F, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    The merry go round is in full motion, and next up is my Bongo 4 HH. Have owned this for a couple years, and it's been a great bass. Just time for something new.

Primarily looking for a trade - a nice P bass or Jazz bass, 2-Band Stingray or a Big Al SSS (I can add cash as necessary). Willing to consider just about any 4 strings. I can add a significant amount of cash for the right bass. Would be willing to sell for $750 plus half of the actual professional packing and shipping cost via the UPS store.. Historically it has cost me $70-$90 for the contintal US so figure an additional $35-$45 depending on where you are. Willing to ship international if we can work it out.

This bass has lived well over the years - there is some genuine player wear, all described below. All of the damage is cosmetic and didn't take away from the playability for me, but please read ahead for all the details in the interest of full disclosure.

Some details:
    • Sapphire Black, Abalone Pickguard, HH configuration
    • 8.8 lbs on my bathroom scale - not heavy at all
    • MM hardshell case with some cosmetic wear (visible in the picture) - structurally sound
    • Bass is strung with a relatively fresh set of slinkies, and I'll throw in another unopened pack.
    • Strap butons are non-original. THe appear to be black EBMM strap locks, but only the button end.

I bought the bass knowing there were cosmetic issues. They never bothered me. The main spots are:
    • Below the bridge where there is a gouge into the wood, and another paint chip
    • Back of the neck around the 2nd fret, where there is a missing paint chip. You can feel it when you play but it wasn't a big deal to me. If that sort of thing bothers you it could definitely be touched up, but the neck finish is thin enough that it didn't slow me down.
    • Typical Bongo headstock damage on the tip
    • There are some other dings and dents and scratches, but nothing I was able to photograph

Lots of pics below.

Bongo4HH_0013.
    Bongo4HH_0012.
    Bongo4HH_0011.
    Bongo4HH_0010.
    Bongo4HH_0009.
    Bongo4HH_0008.
    Bongo4HH_0007.
    Bongo4HH_0006.
    Bongo4HH_0005.
    Bongo4HH_0004.
    Bongo4HH_0002.
    Bongo4HH_0003.
    Bongo4HH_0001.

2. ittakes6

ittakes6

Dec 16, 2012
    Nice bass - always wanted a Bongo. GLWS

3. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Thanks!

4. Richard G

Richard G

Jun 16, 2009
    i have a 5 string Warwick double buck $$ in nirvana black for your consideration.

5. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    The double buck Warwicks are impressive basses, but I'm looking more for a Fender style 4 string. Thanks!

6. Richard G

Richard G

Jun 16, 2009
    no problemo!.....i traded one of my 3 tone sunburst 4 string Fender Jaguar bass for the warwick and im not good with the 5 string but its sound and feel are amazing.......good luck

7. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    On hold pending local deal on Monday. Will lock the thread once the bass is in its new home.

8. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    The tort should look great!

9. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Unfortunately things didn't work out, so this is back on the market.

10. I'd buy this if I was local. Been switching to Musicman basses lately.

11. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Some interesting trade offers, but still available.

12. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    That was quick! Back on hold pending local deal.

13. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    And sold locally. Another smooth deal courtesy of TalkBass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.