1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBMM Bongo-5 string question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassFTW, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Is the five string model a 35' scale? I wouldn't want a standard scale 5 so I must ask

2. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    nope....regular 34" scale

EBMM knows how to make a good 34" scale 5 string though, so I wouldn't be too hasty to judge before trying. There is more that goes into making a tight B string than scale length. I have played a few floppy 35" B strings and I used to own a Bongo 5, so I know from where I speak.

3. pj4553

pj4553

Mar 11, 2007
    my stingray was a 34" scale and it was one of the tighest B strings ive ever played

4. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    Yep no big deal is it 35'' or 34''. Many 35'' have very floppy B string. It's just mater of setup.

5. Okay, so it's definitely tight enough? Wel obviously.... I just felt the need to ask again xD thanks everyone.

6. Reinholds

Reinholds

Jun 26, 2006
    Nice :D

7. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    If it is setup poorly, it won't be tight enough. Mine was a little floppy when I got it (it was used). I did a setup myself, and used a thicker gauge B string (DR Lo-Riders 45-130, I think they are the best strings for the Bongo hands down), and it was tight as can be. Doing your own setups is super easy on EBMM basses too, so you should be fine.