Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBMM Bongo Owners - Sticking or Kicking?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 23, 2005.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I've been combing ebay and TB for Bongo's like it's my job lately but I can't seem to find any up there. That leads me to believe that Bongo owners are either happy with their basses or not upset.

Anyone buy one and let it go? I haven't seen much of a second hand market for these yet.

Whataya say?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Theres one for sale by some guy, a Humbucker/SC kind.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think the key to getting new used instruments is to wait until the initial buzz dies down. The NAMM show just ended, in a few months everybody will be GASSING for the new wonder basses, and somebody will be selling Bongos cheap. Not everybody, but there will be some to be had. If I were a gambler, I'd bet on it. :)

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
  5. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    +, she isn't even hot! MOOOOOOOO :ninja:

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey now, the purpose of this thread is not to cheapen women, it's to cheapen Bongo's...

7. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Someone on the EBMM boards wants to trade his SC/H Bongo 5er in Candy Red for a 'Ray5.

Anyone else find that kinda funny?

btw they also said it has an unfinished neck...

8. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    The Bongo has been out for a while now and there is still a ton of buzz. I wonder why. Maybe 'cause they are actually great basses? Don't be suprised when people are still talking about bongos 5,10, 20 years from now.

Andrew

9. I have a Single H Bongo 5 string, and have had it for about 3 months now. I do a TON of bass swapping, but its fair to say that my Bongo is the only bass I have thats just not going anywhere. It does everything I need, and then some.

So while many basses will go in and out of my hands, my Bongo will ALWAYS be close by.

10. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    How does it compare sound wise to a Stingray and a Sterling?