1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD EBMM Cutlass - Diamond Blue/Maple, pristine

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kinopah, Aug 30, 2017.

1. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    Willing to sell this guy outright OR include it in a trade of several EBMM's for the right passive Fodera!

IMG_1507.JPG

I love this bass. Diamond Blue EBMM Cutlass with maple fingerboard & parchment pickguard. Photographed with nylon tapewound strings and StrapLocks, but currently wearing cobalt flats and original buttons. I've had a lot of P basses, and this is the best "P-type" I've used. The pickup has a ton of output and I love the thick gutsy Motown tone it gets, plus a great slap sound with the tone dimed. Action is set low the way I like it, but set-ups are pretty much the easiest on EBMM's. Satin neck finish is superb!

I would call this "mint" or "as new", but for a minuscule hairline scratch to the left of the bridge caused by the sharp end of a clipped string while changing out. It's extremely hard to find, but full disclosure and all that. Otherwise the bass is 100% perfect, fresh, and new, and absolutely a joy to play. Literally second-guessing my decision to list as I type this.

Only owner (had it since early April). Comes with the original case, never used.

$1150 shipped CONUS.

Sounds like:

Only trade I'm really looking for would be if anyone had a Fodera Monarch P, P Classic, or Emperor J Classic for 2 or 3 of these (potentially + cash).
    (Starry Night StingRay, Black/Maple StingRay, and this Cutlass, all in excellent/like-new condition)
    FullSizeRender.

Anotherpic.JPG IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1319.JPG FullSizeRender. IMG_1308.JPG IMG_1322.JPG

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    CereBassum, rbeck47, armybass and 8 others like this.
  2. A Steal on this Beautiful EB MM Cutlas bass!!!!

3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    wow

lowdownthump likes this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sweet.

lowdownthump likes this.
  5. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    Here's how it looks with flats on. :)

IMG_1507.JPG

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    The Cutlass and Caprice are great basses. I have the Caprice in this same beautiful blue .
    Can't believe this hasn't sold yet.

kinopah likes this.
  7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Love this.

8. Great bass, I have one just like it.
    It's a big hit in the session world,
    Just ask Craig Young.
    Best Pbass ever.

klharper likes this.
  9. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    Still got this guy. Haven't bumped in awhile, as I'm clearly not that inspired to let it go. I'd prob just go out and buy a RW f/b Cutlass anyway to get some variety in my quiver. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  10. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    Still for sale, although interested in potential he trading it along with two other EBMM's listed above (and/or $) for one of the new passive Fodera Monarch P's or Emperor J's. Prob more of a long shot than just selling it, which I'm still willing to do.

11. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    Bump w/price drop!

12. Great bass, great price, Love mine

13. Shopping to Europe?

14. I meant shipping. Autocorrect my ***.