Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBMM HD212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silentstranger, Dec 10, 2002.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey... way to expose my new 'Get Rich Quick' scheme!!

-robert

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have been gigging with the 2x12 for several months. It has replaced my Hartke 4x10 and EV 1X15. Paired with my Demeter preamp and Hafler Pro5000 power amp, it sounds f'n great. I couldn't be happier with mine. I really like this cabinet, so much so that I just used "buy it now" to get one of the matching 2x10 cabinets. These are the best constructed cabinets I've seen, and worth much more than what they are going for. Before the "blowout" the list price on the 2x12 was over $1000, and $799 on the 2x10, so you can see what a steal these are at the new "discountinued" prices. These things punch. I can hardly wait to hear how the 2x10 is gonna sound in my rig.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I just got one of each too, Turock. Too good a deal to pass up.

The story of my life:rolleyes: ;)

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I run the 212 and the 210 under the HD500 amp. Couldn't be happier.
    doc

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    That's how I felt when I got the 2x12, I got mine for $300 (shipping included) from a Dudepitter who hadn't had it long, and I have been looking for the 2x10 ever since.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's the efficiency like on these cabs? Would 400 watts at 8ohms be sufficient to really kick the proverbial boo-tay on one of these?

Also do they come with casters or are casters available?

brad cook

7. My two EB-MMHD212's absolutely sing IMO. Their throaty midrange hits you square in the chest and the 12's seem to extend very deep....love 'em. Check out The Dudepit for a few threads on these, lots of info there.
    I added a set of Mesa casters to mine; I still feel that they are the best to be had. These cabs are actually closer to 800w's, not the advertised 600w's according to B&C of Italy who makes them.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I need another cab like a hole in the head....but last weeks deals with shipping included where too good to pass up........and it's all Mad Subwoofer's falt;)

9. spaz

spaz

May 24, 2001
    Hampton, VA - USA
    I bought a 212 last week. How is it as a stand alone? I'm hoping to get it before band practice this weekend. I can't wait to try it out!

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Exactly. I blame him... and the Internet.

And you know me, jerry... I need more cabs like I need a hole in your head:D

11. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    buy em up, they're awesome. I happen to love my hd210+hd212 combination. articulate 10's, slamming "pick you up and throw you around" 12's as long as you're putting good wattage into them. Who needs to be lookin at "budget" cabs when these things are up for the taking. I almost wanna get another 210....monstrous!

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No on has answered this question yet. Anyone?

brad cook

13. They are very efficient. Ignore those posted specs as they are all over the place it seems. I run my 800w EB-MMHD212 with my Mesa M-2000 which puts out roughly 350w's into 8ohms and it is tremendously loud. With two at once and my Mesa's 1200w peak......watch out!
    Y'all need these puppies; I take full responsibility! Butt heavy it's true but what a sound....
    :D

14. From Mesa Boogie's site:
    Being a fellow M2k owner, i had to clarify that :D

15. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    He said 350W at 8 Ohms... the peak thing is right-on.:p

Of course this post is only if you thought he meant the amp was 350W. If you didn't, then please disregard. I used to own one of those!

[edit: much clarification]:D

16. right. i was making fun of the fact that MB emphasized the peak info.

I guess I forgot that most musician's source of specs is from Guitar Center. :p

17. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    So, who has received their new cabinet? How long did it take to arrive? Impressions?
    They might be all gone; he hasn't listed any in several days.

18. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    My 2/12 just walked in the door, and I'm still waiting for the 2/10. Considering they paid shipping to Hawaii[unheard of] I didn't mind the 2 week wait;) It will be a day or so before I run it through it's paces, because I'm not going to do that at a gig. I also have to run out and get some wheels for this puppy......lightweight it is not:eek:

19. Jerry are you sure the island wont' sink with all those cabs your own? hee haw! Happy Holidays