1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBMM-OLP Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I'm buying a used OLP from a fellow Tb'er

Ok so I'm looking for black harware for an EBMM or OLP, I noticed that there don't seem to be any of these floating around (Though I have noticed a few OLP models with black Hardware) so I wrote EB and this is the response i got:

We do not make or have black bridges or hardware for the StingRay, sorry. There is no source that we know of for those.

Best Regards,

Dan McPherson
    Music Man Customer Service
    www.ernieball.com
    866-82-EBALL ext. 126

I also wrote OLP and every one of the departments i sent e-mails to bounced back so i guess they are out of business? or their addresses aren't working

So anybody know where i can get black hardware for one of these models? (note black tuners and knobs are easy to come by, but i'm talking control plates and bridges) is there a replacement after market brige as wide as as the EBMM bridge or am i stuck having to fill holes? I suppose i could have the original bridge powder coated...as suggested by the seller of this item

If i can't find black hardware i'm probably just going to go with a mirrored pickguard to match the chrome hardware already on the bass

anybody have a source for black control plates or black bridges for EBMM or OLP?

2. twobit

twobit

Nov 3, 2005
    Allen, Texas
    What color OLP are you getting? Ive got a black one and been thinking about doing the mirrored pickguard. Are doing anything to the electronics?

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    I doubt there is any black after market parts that match up exactly or look the same. But one of the models of the OLP came with black hardware.

4. Um the guy i'm getting it from has already modded it and it has been wired passive (The main reason i'm buying it)

it is black, with a white pickguard currently

5. BobXboB

BobXboB Banned

Sep 25, 2007
    I have the bridge & tuners in black from an OLP 5 string. It's really not good stuff but PM me if you want it.

6. Thanks Bob but I'm looking for a 4 banger bridge (And black aftermarket tuners are fairly easy to get)

Thinking i'm going to just have the original control plate, and bridge powder coated, or just go with 2nd idea to just add a mirrored pickguard to match the chrome hardware already installed on the bass.

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

That's because OLP and EBMM are two different companies with not connection to each other, other than EBMM used to license OLP to make look-alike basses. They do not share parts.