TRADED EBMM Sterling 4H Fretless: Trans Red, 9 Lbs. Trades considered for lighter weight fours.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mike Sorr, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    While I love having a fretless, and I love Musicman Sterlings, the truth is that I don’t play that much fretless and it doesn’t really make sense to have a bass of this high quality if I'm not using it all the time...so I'm considering offering up my beautiful trans red EBMM Sterling 4H fretless.

It's in great shape, sounds awesome, weighs about 9 pounds, has Dunlop Straplocks installed and includes a Musicman hard case. I’m looking in the ballpark of $1100 shipped CONUS.

The only blems are a paint chip on the back of the body near the neck pocket as shown in the photos and a really small nick that's hard to pick up in photos. I just had it professionally set up with a new set of D'Adarrio half rounds. See below for trade interest.

Will consider trades for lighter weight four strings, especially: G&L, Fender, Carvin, Spector, Musicman.

Sterling fl 2.jpg Sterling fl 3.jpg Sterling fl 6.jpg Sterling fl 7.jpg Sterling fl 8.jpg Sterling fl 9.jpg Sterling fl 10.jpg IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1475.JPG

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Bigbri, AztecViking, Joshua and 4 others like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy.

3. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I had a Sterling lined fretless for a bit and liked it alot. The Sterling body size/weight is very comfortable. The lined fretless made intonation much easier to land (training wheels for the new fretless person). The trans red is gorgeous, too. Who knows, maybe this is the same instrument I had about 5 years ago.

Mike Sorr likes this.
  4. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Deal fell through. Back on the block.

5. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Still available.

6. Mike Sorr

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Trade pending.

armybass likes this.
  7. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Nope, I still own and enjoy your old fretless!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022