1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available EBMM Stingray 4HH SLO Special w/ maple fretboard (1/4 sawn??), Xtender, upgraded knobs&OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Philthy, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey All,

I recently made the “mistake” of going to a local GC and trying a new 2018 Stingray 4HH Special. The only way I can justify (at home) picking up another bass is to let one go in order to finance it. As GAS has stricken pretty hard, I’m looking to see if I could make up a good chunk of the cost with letting my beloved Stingray 4HH SLO go.

So here goes……what we have here is a BEAUTIFUL EBMM Stingray 4HH SLO Special in absolute EXCELLENT condition. Plays beautifully! Sounds even better! I picked it up used a couple of months ago and only played it a handful of times at home. Never gigged with it.

It has the thinner, now rare, SLO neck (1.5” nut) with a maple fretboard. Musicman no longer offers the SLO necks on the Stingrays; so these are much sought after on the used market. It is extremely comfortable to play; similar to a Jazz profile neck. The figuring on this neck is GORGEOUS. I believe it could be quarter sawn?? The body color is technically white but it has yellowed a bit; to more of an aged white or buttercream. Really nice, vintage look. It has a black pearl pickguard. I’ve also installed a Hipshot BT1 Xtender and new chrome knobs with black pearl tops. I will include the original tuner and original knobs as well. It’s sporting a new set of DR Lo Rider SS medium strings and comes with the original Musicman hardshell case. Weight is about 10lbs on the bathroom scale.

As I’ve mentioned earlier, it is in overall EXCELLENT condition. No dings, chips or scratches. The trussrod is 100% functional. No issues whatsoever. There's like no fret wear on this thing. There are tons of tonal options with the 5-way selector switch and 3-band preamp. I hate to get rid of this bass as I was looking for an SLO special for a long time but I got bit by the new Stingray bug and I’m jonesing for a 2018 model.

I’m asking $1225 shipped to the CONUS only. No international sales. Not interested in any trades………(unless you have a brand spanking new 2018 Stingray 4HH special with maple fretboard in pristine condition, of course + cash on my end)

PM me if you’re interested in helping a fellow TB’er with a bad case of GAS!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    petch, scottm, kwdhsk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Best production neck ever!

3. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    Price drop bump

4. Philthy

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    Another price drop

5. Philthy