1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBMM Stingray 5 H or HH?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RalphieBoy, Aug 25, 2012.

1. RalphieBoy

RalphieBoy

Jul 25, 2012
    Fort Smith, AR
    Hey EBMM lovers out there I'm looking into getting a EBMM stingray 5. Only thing is I am on the fence about getting a H or a HH. I have a Lakland 55-02 I'm just looking for a 5 string back up/different bass to play with 5 strings or even a new main bass. Just looking for your guys opinion on which one would be better.

2. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have an HH 5 String Stingray and love its versatility, I got to admit though, I use the bridge Pickup (classic stingray tone) 90% of the time.

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Best case is to try both and let your hands and ears decide. I've owned both, and was very into the HH versatility. I actually sold 2 single H SR5's because i thought they were inferior. I have since seen the light and prefer singles now. Something about the simplicity.

4. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    I always have preferred the H models. While maybe not as versatile, I think they are very classic, an when I picture a Stingray, I picture H not HH

5. Try the HS ;)