1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD EBMM StingRay 5HH Silver Sparkle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bardolphus, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm thinning the heard a bit and with a 30th Anniversary SR5 and a new SR5 Special, I'm simply not playing this one. I bought this new in August 2016 and proceeded to promptly gig the snot out of it for a solid year. I've always preferred the single H versions, but this one is very versatile, getting you the regular StingRay sound, close to a jazz, and close to a precision (though it's own flavor of each, of course). The silver sparkle finish is difficult to capture in images and really dances under the lights.

As you'll see from the pics, the fretboard shows signs of wear, but the frets are in great shape. The wear is simply discoloration that I'm not able to clean any more than what the images show. The bridge pickup also shows more wear than the neck pickup, primarily underneath the G and B strings. As mentioned, this bass was gigged, gigged, gigged. With that, I don't find any dings, dents, or anything other than some of the normal swirling in the finish. I definitely gig my basses, but do my best to take care of them.

Weighs 9 lbs 12.8 oz per my postal scale. Will ship in the original hardshell case (that was never gigged/used) and is currently wearing a set of EB Slinky strings (45-65-80-100-130) that were played a bit and then taken off my SR5 Special.

Asking $1225 shipped, CONUS only. Electronic payment preferred.

IMG_3496.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    ScotRFM and Mastermold like this.
  2. Bardolphus

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Got a new scale and updated the weight - 9 lbs 12.8 oz.

3. Bardolphus

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Sold on Reverb.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018