Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS-212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking about combining this new EBS-212 cabinet with my EBS-210. Or hould I go for the EBS-15F (they both go down to 40 Hz and are 400W@4ohms)? I do like EBS and was wondering if the HD-350 head would be enough to power either cab-setup plus my Esh Various V for small to medium-size venues? I currently play through Peavey Combo300 with the EBS-210 (400W@4ohms). What about the 2x12" in general - any fans out there? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerios...

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Mara,

Mailailin EBSlle juuri 212sta viikko sitten kun ei tuntunut olevan maahantuojankaan päässä Puppe Strandbergillä tietoa niiden saatavuudesta, vastaus oli että 2x12sta alettaisiin varsinaisesti valmistamaan tänä syksynä, ja listahinta tulisi olemaan Ruotsin päässä noin 9900kr. Puppe kyllä uhkasi että saavat kaappia maahan heti kun mahdollista, ja ajattelin tilata heti tänne Oulun päähän testattavaksi. Tarvisin kuitenkin kaapin noin 800e luokasta joten todennäköisesti tilaan Saksasta Eden CXC-212sen.

This of course was written in finnish to annoy you people not writing in english here ;) Short translation: EBS is going to start shipping the 2x12s this fall, list price is 9900 kronor in Sweden, and that I'm probably going with Eden 2x12 since I don't wish to wait that long.

3. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Yup, should've double checked BEFORE writing the post. Here are the specs from the EBS pages...

Sensitivity
    Crossover
    Power Rating
    Impedance

EBS-210
    70 -18k Hz
    100 dB
    4.5 kHz
    400 W
    4 ohms

EBS-212
    30 - 18k Hz
    99 dB
    4.5 kHz
    400 W
    4 ohms

EBS-15F
    35 - 3k Hz
    103 dB
    400 W
    4 ohms

Kiitti infosta Tsal, kerro sitten miten Eden futaa. Hankitko Thomannilta vai Music Produktivilta?

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    [For your viewing pleasure, the following text has been translated to english.]

Probably from Musik-Produktiv. Dunno about their shipping costs then, and it takes three weeks for them to ship any product. I would get it from Thomann because they have faster shipping and better guarantee-system but I think they don't have the model I want. Could phone them to be sure, Irene Smith has always been helpful at their end.

I'll let you know, then. How's your Esh, BTW? I've been interested in their basses for a time now, es(h)pecially on Various V and Notorious V. You could PM me on the subject, this should be amp forum I think ;)

5. Definitely the 2x12 because it will be a better "stand-alone" than the 15" would be. I have owned the Eden D212XLT and while it was a decent sounding cab my EB-MM HD212 is leaps ahead of it sound wise. 2x12's rock for their rootsy sound and the "punch of a 10", bottom of a 15"" tone. My EB's are the best cab I've used to date and I need to cover a wide sonic range. Think about it.

[​IMG]

6. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Even though this IS an ampforum - I have to reply to Tsal about the esh Various V.

It rocks.

Thanks for listening,

Mara
    :D

7. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Very true!
    I really like my Glockenklang Double very much for that. If I should ever need more volume I would go and get a second one.
    Pricewise you shouldn't rule out the Glockenklang, in Germany and Austria it's in the same range as Eden and Ernie Ball/Musicman.

Not everyone likes 212's though...
    [​IMG]
    Matthias

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have one of the EB-MM HD212. I was planning to pair it with either my Hartke 4x10 or EV 1x15; however, the 2x12 is a great stand-alone cab.

9. Today I went to Musik Produktiv in Germany.... MAN what a musicstore that is!! When I entered the bass department someone was just setting up all possible EPIFANI cabinets. He connected all of them to a Glockenklang Soul head (440 watts @ 4 ohm I believe). With a push on the button I select the prefered cabinet (1 x 10, 2 x 10, 3 x 10, 4 x 10, 1 x 12 & 2 x 12) They all sounded very nice but I was blown away by the 2 x 12!! What a fat, tight, h*rny sound! When I compared the 4 x 10 (800 watts @ 8 ohms) to the 2 x 12 (800 watts @ 4 ohms), the 2 x 12 won hands down. It sounded much warmer, tighter, growlier, punchier than the 4 x 10. I want one real quick. That, in combination with an Aguilar DB750 will rule.

Best regards, Werner.

10. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    That's good news.
    But sheesh, the T212 goes for 1595 Euro!
    (compared to 915 for the Glockenklang Double...)

Matthias

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    most 12" sound great alone when you're just practicing. but once you get in a band situation, the 12" might not have enough punch or cut like a 10" cab might have. but that's just my experiences.

12. Some 12's do have a "softer" top but not all. They certainly do not lack in "punch", or at least the two that I have owned (Eden+MM.) If you play with loud guitars you may want a set of 10's for a bit more "slice." My EB's cut just fine.

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So, how do a 4-10 cab paired with a 2-12 cab work? Well? Or, would there be too much overlap?