Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS 212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I did a search and found plenty of helpful info on EBS....and plenty of 212s...but nothing on the EBS 212:bawl:

Does anyone have atleast a little experience with this cab? I'll be playing a Roscoe SKB3006 through a EBS TD650, which i both love, I just need a cab that will match them nicely for my various needs.
    (Jazz, Progressive Rock/Normal Rock, New Age) Thanks for the help:D

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I own one. I have had it for about 5 months or so and have gigged with it about 12-15 times. It is the only cab I use (and own) with my Eden WT300.
    It has devestating lows, clean mids and crisp, transparent highs. It handles my Low B's without even flinching, actually seems to rejoice in it. I play in a three piece and am always able to hear myself over my drummer and guitarist. I play mid size clubs to small, divey bars and it has served me well in every capacity. If I purchased another cab it would be another EBS 2x12. Although, then I would have to buy an Aguilar amp or something to handle the 2 ohm load. :) Wouldn't that be a pity?

It's also very portable and fits in the front seat of my Ford Ranger with no problem. I play rock, jazz like rock, and classic rock and blues for money gigs.

3. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    bump!! YEA!!!:bassist:

4. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

5. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    as does the TD650

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Anybody know the approximate going rate in US$ for an EBS 2x12?

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I think new they go for about $750 or so. I picked up mine used (barely) on Bassgear.com for $425 shipped.

It doesn't surprise me that the EBS head can handle a 2 ohm load. All of their cabs seem to be rated at 4 ohms. I'm getting old and lazy (at 32) and don't wanna carry more than one cab. The EBS does it all for me. I'm one happy idiot. :cool:

I'm contemplating getting rid of the Eden head though. I'm bored with it, wanna try something new.

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I'm contemplating getting rid of the Eden head though. I'm bored with it, wanna try something new. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know how you feel,that's why I sold my WT-300
    and bought a Fafner.:)

9. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    HMMMMM.... Do I need an EBS head? HMMMMMM...:meh: :)

10. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    oh i think you do...:D

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ditto:D

12. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Two devils on my shoulder.... Help me Lawd! I'm fallin' in...:)

13. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    one last bumpity bump

14. The EBS 212 is rated at 99 db. Is it loud enough as a single cabinet? Does it cut through well? :confused:

Thanks

Luca