EBS 650 & 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supeRad, Apr 20, 2005.

1. supeRad

Nov 23, 2004
    any comments, gripes, complaints? been doing a lot of reading and havent been able to come across too many 'testimonials' on these two bad boys here. either i havent been looking too hard or ive grown tired of reading what their endorsers have to say.. either way, any input is greatly appreciated.

PS ive never even seen one at a shop so ive never had the pleasure of actually hearing one myself.
  2. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    For me the td650 is the ultimate EBS head. you can sound like a fafner or like a hd350.
    It s very powerfull and versatile. From the cleanest sound ever to a sweet distorted and smooth tone.

For me, the best head ever, after the badcat form Techsound systems.
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I agree with the above, I really liked the td650! Its the only piece of gear that I have sold that I wish I still had and has one of the best tones Ive ever played. Everything on it is useable. The one downside is that Ive heard that the importer to the US is iffy at best so getting service or repair might be hard.
  4. I'm a little late on replying, but just in case you haven't decided yet. I had both a 650 and a 350 (I still have the 350). I did many A/B comparisons between the two. The sound is obviously similar. However, into a typical 4ohm load, the 350 puts out 350 watts RMS and the 650 puts our 440 watts RMS (I hate when manufactures list power at 2ohms). I hear absolutely no volume difference between the 650 and 350 into a 4ohm load. I thought the 350 also had a little more punch than the 650. When you combine the higher price (a lot higher) versus the 350 and the fact that the 650 takes a 3 space rack versus the 350's two space, I would HIGHLY recommend the 350 over the 650. Also, I think the tube emulation on the 350 (and the 650) actually sounds more 'tubey' that the actual tube circuit in the 650.

So, in summary, the 650 seems underpowered (at least into 4ohms) for it's weight, size and price versus the 350.