EBS Add-On

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Hey Guys...

i have got my mits on a EBS Fafner and a EBS 4x10... i have beeen playing with it none stop since i got it.....

Anyway.. i want to add an extenstion cab to it.. to add some more sonic range to the sound...there are a couple of choices that i might consider...

Which do you reckon is the best to go for....

lotsa diff options...

Which ones work best..

I am looking to get a growly bottom end.. that isnt overpowering so0o it sound muddeled.. just so0o it knock them front views backwards hehe...

2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I like the EBS 212 with the 410 set up. But with the way your talking, maybe the 412 or another 410.:bassist:
  3. Yuppers...

Only a 4x12 would loo0ok kinda daft dunt u think hehe...

Alos EBS do that 1x18 Sub and normal things.....

4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've contemplated the same sort of thing. For me, it's virtually impossible to try one out in advance, but I'm hoping to get feedback from a couple of dealers after NAMM.

What I've come to believe is the 15H won't cut it, because it doesn't seem to have quite the frequency range. I've narrowed it down to the 15F or the 2x12.
  5. For me, gettin hold of EBS equipment is easy cause GB who make my basses for me.. are UK dist.. so0o...i can order anything...

Bernie at GB also has contact with other leading EBS ppl round the world.. if u need help give him a bell ..

Neway.. i love my 4x10 for Jazz, funky, stuff but for the hardrock/alt indie stuff i am doin with my band (and also really love).. i need that extra.. crunch....

Not only am i having another Bass made by GB (at sum point).. with custom body shape and woods

But need a Bigger rig.. ive got the power from the Fafner.. so0o might as well use it :D but dont want to end up with it all muddy like i did with my Trace Gear.. the 1518 just made things sound mudded and stuffs...

6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If you can easily try out other cabs with your existing rig, you should do so!

I'd tend to thing you're not gonna have a muddy sounding rig if you're just adding one more EBS cab to your existing setup. Instead, I'd tend to believe adding a 2x12 will give you the lows, the same as the 15F. The 2x12 would probably make your rig sound a little more mid-centric than by adding the 15F, though I don't know for sure.

But, if you've got the opportunity to test drive it, you're better off doing that than listening to us...