EBS + Aguilar, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 4, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I am thinking about a new rig.

I have tried lots of equipment and started to clarify mi ideas. Theare are some great products out there.

i love EBS Fafner head (but i don't like their cabs) and i was thinking to this setup:

Aguilar GS112

Aguilar GS 210

i play mostly fingerstyle with a fender P (occasionally a i use a rick 4001 and a G&L L2000) rock music and i love the motown and stax sound. so i can say that i love a clear yet powerful bass sound. i need a modular rig to be use full power and in small gigs too with a good portability.

can you please comment on this ipotetical rig?

2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    my point is that while i love the sound of the EBS Fafner, EBS cabs do not fit my style nor produce the sound i want. they are too hi-fi.

the aguilar setup could be or 2xGS112 or 1xGS112 and 1xGS210

i have heard (not played) EDEN cabs and like them a lot too.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    IIRC, Mr. Smug had exactly the same setup.
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    IMHO, Get 2 GS 112's ... and fuget'bout-it!

I have one and for my small gigs it is great, 300 watts and it goes down to 42hz. The B cames out great, so that E should be as well.

I need to get off of my butt and get another one, but in ATL there aren't any AG dealers.

It is very versitile (again, IMO), I do play a bunch of blues, New Orleans Funk (Neville's, Meters, John Mooney, Dr. John, 'Fess... etc.), acid-jazz, R&B, Acoustic rock and some motown fav's, so I hear ya on the tone issue. I mainly use a Warrior Five string and play higher up on the five (for the meat) or my 4 stringer active J-Bass Plus with Labella Flats (mostly the front pickup)... and the Ag really represents it well...
  5. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I have found my perfect sound with a EBS td650 head. Only I use a Aguilar pre in the bass and 2 bergantino 112s. I think the bergs are a little smaller and I can get more sounds with them. If I couldnt get the bergs I would get the aguilars. You will have a great setup. Of course this is my opinion and your ears may be different. Have fun!