1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS + Aguilar, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 4, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I am thinking about a new rig.

I have tried lots of equipment and started to clarify mi ideas. Theare are some great products out there.

i love EBS Fafner head (but i don't like their cabs) and i was thinking to this setup:

EBS FAFNER
    [​IMG]

Aguilar GS112
    [​IMG]

Aguilar GS 210
    [​IMG]

i play mostly fingerstyle with a fender P (occasionally a i use a rick 4001 and a G&L L2000) rock music and i love the motown and stax sound. so i can say that i love a clear yet powerful bass sound. i need a modular rig to be use full power and in small gigs too with a good portability.

can you please comment on this ipotetical rig?

thanks!

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    my point is that while i love the sound of the EBS Fafner, EBS cabs do not fit my style nor produce the sound i want. they are too hi-fi.

the aguilar setup could be or 2xGS112 or 1xGS112 and 1xGS210

i have heard (not played) EDEN cabs and like them a lot too.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    IIRC, Mr. Smug had exactly the same setup.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMHO, Get 2 GS 112's ... and fuget'bout-it!

I have one and for my small gigs it is great, 300 watts and it goes down to 42hz. The B cames out great, so that E should be as well.

I need to get off of my butt and get another one, but in ATL there aren't any AG dealers.

It is very versitile (again, IMO), I do play a bunch of blues, New Orleans Funk (Neville's, Meters, John Mooney, Dr. John, 'Fess... etc.), acid-jazz, R&B, Acoustic rock and some motown fav's, so I hear ya on the tone issue. I mainly use a Warrior Five string and play higher up on the five (for the meat) or my 4 stringer active J-Bass Plus with Labella Flats (mostly the front pickup)... and the Ag really represents it well...

5. inazone

inazone Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I have found my perfect sound with a EBS td650 head. Only I use a Aguilar pre in the bass and 2 bergantino 112s. I think the bergs are a little smaller and I can get more sounds with them. If I couldnt get the bergs I would get the aguilars. You will have a great setup. Of course this is my opinion and your ears may be different. Have fun!