EBS amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattthebassman2, Jun 15, 2002.

1. wot is everyones opinions on EBS equipment as im am considering upgrading to a stack and am considering this make.
  2. Goodbye.

3. I have an older EBS Fafner head (440 watts, no XLR output), and it's sweet. I haven't used it in a gig situation yet, but I can tell that it will cut through very nicely, because the Drive control can add some serious grit to it. The onboard compression is great, although I rarely use it.

I'm pushing an Aguilar GS-410 with it, by the way. I've never seen an EBS speaker cabinet in the flesh.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I spent about a half hour on a Fafner, and it definitely RULES. If you can afford the jing, I'd definitely Fafner out. Don't forget, I'm on the total Eden bandwagon but, seriously, the Fafner rules.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've spent some time on the EBS HD-350, and it's a SWEET sounding amp. There's a reason guys like Marcus Miller dig this stuff.

I'd snap one up in a second, and I too am an Eden junkie...
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm an EBS junkie, plain and simple! I have a Fafner and EBS 4x10 and think it's incredible! It's got a tremendously flexible eq section that can dial in any tone you'll ever want, complete with a semi-parametric midrange. It's got an onboard compressor that's brilliant, and a drive control that adds tube warmth (distortion) as much or as little (or none) as you'd like! On top of that, the sound is very crystal clear, very detailed, and not harsh.

I've used it in live situations a few times, and it cuts through with the volume on 3 or 4, depending on the drummer. In a jazz setting, it can cut through on 2.

That said, I've played the EBS HD350 and think it's every bit as good as the Fafner, but with a touch less power and a little more modern in its features. The power should not be a problem for anyone. One cool feature is that it's got in a built in speaker emulator.;)
  7. Does EBS have a website?