Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS and Ampeg cabs????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andreas_bass, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Hi!
    I've got an Ampeg setup (Ampeg SVP-PRO, Mackie 1400 and an Ampeg SVT-410HLF). Am really happy with that sound.
    Now I'm looking for another cab to get a little bit more volume sometimes. I'm thinking that a 2x10 would be nice to bring to smaller gigs and combine with the 4x10 to larger gigs. I want a 4 ohm cab to get more power out of it. The Ampeg 2x10 is only 8 ohm. I've been looking at an EBS 2x10 (4 ohm). Very portable and I really like the sound too.
    Now to my question: Is it a good idea to combine an Ampeg cab and an EBS cab, soundwise? Have anyone tried an Ampeg head with an EBS cab?

Thankful for answers!

Andreas

2. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    How are you going to run those? If you run them parallel and the 4x10 cab is 4ohms, you'll need an 8ohm cab. This is not a problem if you run them from separate power amp channels.

Apart from that, both are quality brands. It is solely up to personal preference. But it will look more cool if you have matching cabs 8)

3. Hi Tru!
    Thanks for your replay. I've got a Mackie stereo poweramp, so I will run each cab on each channel. I figure that power is more worth than looks:)

Andreas