Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS Bass IQ Dead

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phil Smith, May 31, 2005.

1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    My trusty EBS Bass IQ died yesterday, symptoms where squealing followed by the smell of burning chips. I'm glad the rest of the stuff on my board is fine, OctaBass, UniChorus, Deep Impact, UniBass, SanAmp PBDI. I bought the pedal a few years ago when Sam Ash was selling them, so it's out of warranty. Called the folks at Brooklyn Gear who of course reminded me that you need to use a battery or the special power supply for the pedal or else it can be damaged and of course they would not be able to help you at all in a situation such as that. Everyone knows that everyone that owns a pedal board has the original power supply or batteries supplying the power to each pedal independently. Thanks Brooklyn Gear, you were a lot of help.

Is there any place that can fix this thing for less than $75 dollars? I can see the chip that got fried, made in Korea NE5234D, 2743116, Ch?9918b, couldn't really make out the last number because that's where it the burnt out damage is.