1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS BassIQ Triple Envelope Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Mar 31, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I wanted to know, there doesn't seem to be too much love for this particular pedal on TB, how you guys use yours and what sort of situations and settings you use it in. I found one I bought over 10 years ago in storage and it still worked so I threw it on my board to replace a boss auto wah. If anyone has had experience with these two pedals, which one would keep on your board and why? I'm still wanting a wah type of effect mainly and the auto was pretty cool, but it seems the EBS can that and more hence the switch out. But I'm still not sure which one I want to go with and would like to hear some opinions. I could find any good threads on the EBS.

2. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    You seem to have two threads about this pedal in the last couple of days.

I quite like my EBS. I keep it in my gig bag for when I'm not using my pedal board. It's quite a wet, thick sounding filter, but I find it can be a bit limiting - only having two controls means it's difficult to dial in the sound I want. The threshold in particular seems to have a small sweet spot for my bass and playing style.

On my pedal board I have two other envelope filters that are more flexible - a 3 Leaf Audio Groove Regulator 2 and an Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yes, I know I posted twice, my apologies. I wanted to see if anyone else's used this pedal. I can't resell unfortunately, the terminals to put in the battery are gone. They fell out long ago. And I had to replace the screws to for the plate on the bottom cause I lost them. You think the boss auto wah has more options? What would you use out of the two? Just your opinion please, thanks.