Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS big or small??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Right...

Please help me hehe

Have a Fafner Head and EBS 4x10...

Wanting to add an extension cab to it...obviosuly EBS...tried all the different ones...and yes a 1x15 was the answer.....but...which on cause i lo0ove boo0oth

The 15h....smaller cab...lotsa low end but more mid..
    15f ..bigger cab...less mid but more low end....

i love the sound of both....and cant choose between them/.both do everything i wanted...

Which do u reckon is my best bet?....

they are about the same price....!!

are there any pro's ir con's (size is not an issue..me young and have van hehe)...

:p

2. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    personally I'd go for the 15f if by the specs you're telling me are true. I'd suspect you have enough mids and bright end out of your 4x10 I know I can get my 4x10 sounding quite bright, I'd get the deeper one if I was getting one (I'm currently using a EBS HD350 and EBS 4x10

3. yeah very true...

the 4x10 cab is amazin bright..almost to0o bright and biting on the top end.....when turned up full....but to me that doesnt matter means uve got plenty of head ro0om to play with..:) and the mid just kicks

i guess the 15f is a good all rounder....and is only £80 more..tisnt a huge amount for a hell of a lot more bang for ur buck..... hmmmz....

plus my setup would lo0ok so0o small agaisnt my gtr's 4x12,2x12,head setup... :p .......tis all about the rock image...:p...

4. As a fellow owner of a Fafner/410 setup I would go for the smaller 15h cab. But mainly because of the smaller size. If size and weight is no issue then the 15f would be excellent. I wouldn't need the horn in the 15". The 410 is way bright enough.

Good luck

5. Indigo

Indigo

Feb 19, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    My choice would be the 15F. I own one now, and are saving for a EBS 4x10 to accompany it =) I believe that you get enough brightness from the 4x10, seems a little unneccesary to have a horn in both cabinets, my maybe that´s just me...