1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sgt. Rock, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Sgt. Rock

Sgt. Rock

Apr 10, 2010
    I've searched the web as well as TB with no luck. Anyone have a reference for the ratios for the compressor built in to this pedal? All I can find is that the switch offers High & Mid with adjustable trim pots, but no actual ratios. Thanks in advance.

2. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    You know, Bongo has this on his list of comps to review, and I don't use mine any more. Maybe it's time for a donation?

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    OP, are you asking because you already have this pedal and are curious, or is this something you want to know before you buy the pedal?

If the latter, just know that the compressor in this pedal only affects the overdriven signal, not the clean, and what it really does is to add gain and sustain to the signal, not so much squeezing.

As other suggested, contacting EBS might be your only hope of getting this info.

5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    According to the manual, the ratio for the compressor is 5:1 max.

On the 'high' setting, this is set at 5:1 with 6db makeup gain.

On the mid setting, the ratio is user adjustable via one of the internal trimmer controls, and has 3db of makeup gain.

FWIW, you are also able to adjust the threshold via the other internal trimmer.

6. Sgt. Rock

Sgt. Rock

Apr 10, 2010
    Excellent everyone, especially ga_edwards. Thank you.

Lefty, I have one on the way and am trying to get an idea of what compressor to couple it with, if any. At 5:1 max in the overdrive only, and considering I play a stereo output P bass & run two amps, I'll be needing some extra squeezing for sure. I'll probably be adding in the MXR Bass Compressor (or two) at some point.

Thanks guys.