EBS black vs. grey label

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hvingsand, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Sorry if this has been discussed over and over, but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for by searching the forum...

I recently purchased a EBS Unichorus, grey label, on ebay. I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but I'm sure it sounds great.

My question is... Is the black label much better? Is it so much better that I should sell my grey label and purchase a black?

The input-thing on these grey label pedals is quite annoying when putting it on a pedalboard.... :help:
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Their may be some differences in the individual pedals. I believe they added some options to the compressor for instance. But I have a couple of booth and they're all excellent quality, low noise, pro effects. What's with the input thingy ? Do they like drive on the wrong side of the road in Sweden or something? :D That IS annoying.
  3. Are there any major differences in sound, or is it basicly just a change in the input?

This goes for all ebs grey/black effectboxes:
    The grey ones are usually a lot cheaper than the black new ones. Is it worth buying the black label? Or do the grey label boxes perform allmost as good as the black ones?
  4. Please, think of this as a large bump.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    afaik, tonally there's no difference. As well as changing they input/output sides, they just added more options across the board, different mode switches etc.