EBS cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Nov 19, 2002.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How does the EBS 410 cab sound?
    Can you hear the lows roll off early with a 4-string.
    I see the specs are 70 - 18k Hz and thats not really low, is it?
    Any other info on this cab (or other EBS cab) is welcomed.
  2. Judging from the specs they don't have great lows, so I guess they should be used in conjunction with other cabs, but if you go direct to the pa and simply use it for aditional miking/monitoring only, it should be enough
  3. I tried an EBS cab out a week ago and did not care for it. The mids were very accentuated and there was a problematic buzz. Try one for yourself though.
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I own an EBS 4x10 and find that, with my 4-string Spector, I get plenty low. Go ahead and read into all the statistics you want. 70 Hz is the low point of this cab, but that's not the lowest frequency produced by it. The way EBS rates their equipment is very conservative. The cabinet is quite capable of dipping into frequencies below 70 Hz. For a 4-string, even with a drop-D tuner, it's unnecessary.

Furthermore, I find it's a very transparent cab that does a great job of reproducing the sounds my amp creates. I've done some side-by-side comparisons with Eden and Bergantino and found that the Bergie 3x10 was fairly similar, if not a touch more polite than the EBS.
  5. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thats good news.:)
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I find it interesting that in the US, EBS seems to have an image of jazz bass players, such as Marcus Miller or Victor Bailey. In Europe, I've heard that the image of the same amps is they're more for metal.

Last time I checked, metal and jazz required totally different sounds. If EBS is good for both...;)
  7. ingmar

Oct 14, 2002
    Normandy, France
    Well, my EBS410 funks for me:D I'm a very happy camper since I replaced my SWR stack with EBS. low E sounds punchier than on the previous rig, even detuned to D, plenty of low end.
  8. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    My EBS410 does the trick for me as well and handles the low B on my Atelier Z bass with no problem,very well balanced cab all the way thru.

anybody looking for a neglected SWR410 cab.;)

And the Fafner amp is a very versatile amp,
    i would replace both if they were ever stolen.

9. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    EBS is also quite popular among 'dance' music players here. And dance music in this case means tango, walz, polka, etc. :)
  10. how about we say they are great multi-pupose cabs? although some of their cabs are more for one style and others for a different style
  11. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    In this case, IMO, multi-purpose=versatile.;)
  12. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    To me they're really bright, clear, and very nice sounding! Definitely worth an audition.