Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS chorus.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I got a try at an EBS chorus pedal. The thing smokes!! I haven't been happy with the chorus pedals I couls affors until I found this one. True bypass, great range, pitch modulation and flange as well, all for 200$.

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard about ALL EBS pedals!

BTW: The TC Electronics Chorus pedal is also a winner in my book:D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'll have to try one. I thought they were very expensive though.

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Has anyone had a chance to compare the two?

While I haven't heard either, I have heard great things about the TC Electronics Chorus. So much so that I saw a good deal on a used one and bought it.

I'll hopefully have it in a few days. I'm currently using a DOD Bass Chorus. I'll let you know how it compares.

LeonD

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As big of a fan of EBS as I am (I own the Fafner), I'm kind of surprised at myself that I've come across a few pedals yet never played them.:confused:

OTOH, I have played the TC chorus and loved every minute of it! It is, in my book, the standard by which all chorus pedals are judged. From what I've heard about the EBS chorus, though, the TC has some serious competition!:eek:

6. Yeah, the EBS pedals are sweet. The BassIQ pedal is real funky. And they're not very expensive.

7. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    my fafner will be home mon.i own the octabass (grey model).and had a chance to try the bass I.Q.
    seems like you can't go wrong with anything made by ebs,solid expensive gear.