Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 17, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Just scored a Drome at unbeliavable price, used.

can you please tell me which parts i have to watch close before purchasing?

and which is your comment on this amp?

i need an amp for practicing a for a acoustic project.

is the 15" still easy to carry on?

here is a pic of the amp i found.

2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i thought that an EBS combo was much more used....
  3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I use a 12" Drome, like it a lot for practicing and quiter gigs. Or as a monitor.

I didn't get the 15" version, in my case I specifically wanted a small amp, and the 15" Drome was too big and heavy for me at the time. It should be really good though, the 12" is a bit boxy (the EQ is powerful though), and that should be taken care of by the 15" speaker.

As far as I know the Dromes are not known for any specific breakdowns or weaknesses. I'm sure you'll like it.
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i found it, (it's the one in the picture i posted)used in good condition on sale for 325 Euros....

not a bad price...
  5. That's a very good price. Don't hesitate; buy it, before someone else does!
    The only, in my eyes, downside with the 15" Dromes is their bulkiness, but don't let that scare you.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    with blukness do you mean that the Drome 15 is not very comfortable to carry around?

truth says that i was in the market for a portable amp system good for practice too.

then i scored this prifessional combo with enuff power (for y acustic cover band- led zeppelin) so i jumped on it!

it should be here the 1st of september.... i'll keep you informed!!
  7. Yes. It's quite big, and doesn't have side handles, only one on top. But it sure sounds good, so don't worry.
  8. DenisW

May 5, 2002
    I have had the Drome 12 for the past four months.I think it is an amazing Combo for its size.The EQ is very powerful.Very loud as well.No problems with it so far.But you must remember it is a combo and has limitations.I bought mine new for 1100euro,so 325euro used for a 15 is unbeliveble if it is in good condition.
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i know that EBS is known for hi clarity and modern tone. great for slap.

could i be able to have a really warm and fat tone?

i play in a led zeppelin acoustic cover band and i love the motown classic sound. i know that EBS may not be the perfect amp for my taste but this is a so good deal i can't pass.

maybe with the tube sim on, bass bosted, mid and treble cut?

how good is the headphone output?

said that, if i will not satisfied with thecombo i could sell it and have alla my money back without big troubles...