Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS Drome

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skidog, Sep 24, 2002.

1. EBS Drome; Anyone out there have one of these? I am looking for a combo in there power range, and I am attracted to the "bass eraser" feature that they have. Any feedback regarding the Drome would be appreciated.

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Hi Ski Dog!

I have actually never tried the bass erase function, and unfortunately the amp is at my rehearsal place right now and I won't see it until next practice (Thursday). I planned to take it home anyway over the weekend so if you can wait a few days I'll try it out for you.

The Drome is a nice little amp, louder than you'd expect for its size, and handles even a low B at least at moderate levels. I can easily keep up with two guitarists and a drummer for blues and rock (we're old geezers so we try to keep the volume below where you'd need ear protection). As many other small combos it can be a bit boxy if everything is left flat, but the EQ section is quite powerful so you can dial that out. Without knowing what you plan to use it for it's a bit difficult so say anything more specific, try and find one to try out. Not many other amps beat it for portability, that was one major factor for me, something small that still sounds like real bass.

I will get a larger rig again as soon as I can afford it, but I will definitely keep the Drome for rehearsal and for small gigs.

/Anders

3. Thanks for the comeback Anders.
    I'll keep my eye open for your reply when you have time to try out the "Base Eraser".
    Later; Ski Dog.

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    skidog, here's some EBS Drome "bass erase" tests for your listening pleasure.

The rest of you are of course welcome to check it out as well!

Enjoy! :)

5. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

I bought my Drome in the middle of this summer. So far, it has been the best sounding 150W-combo I've ever tested.
    Mostly I use it with my Dean Edge 4 and I'll get the sound I want using only a small amount bass and treble EQ (leaving the bass EQ flat). I often play in large rooms (good for more than a 300 people audience) with no major PA-system, and the Drome get its sound through. I have not used/tested the bass erase function either.
    I highly recommend this little combo both for practice and any sized gig (you will anyway use the DI-output whenever a PA-system is around)!

/MrBaloo

6. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Anders, thankyou for the good work with the test of the "bass erase". Very informative!

/MrBaloo

7. Hey Anders thanks for the comeback on Bass Eraser. This is one feature in an amp I could put to use. Appreciate the input.
    Later; skidog.