1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS/Epifani - Is this a good match?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bill_banwell, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bill_banwell

bill_banwell Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Im currently playing through a Ampeg BXT 410 cab with a EBS TD650 head, and im thinking of selling the Ampeg due to its weight! im going for a Epifani because they are light, and the tone is great, would the EBS be a good match with the Epifani 410?

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I used a TD650 for a short while with my Epi410UL. I found they lined up very nicely... very, very crisp and clean. However, as I've posted before, I was disappointed in the relatively low power output (440watts) of the 650 into a 4ohm load. I really didn't hear the 650 putting out any more sound than the much smaller and lighter HD350 into 4ohms. Considering the extra cost of the 650, and that it is a full three rack spaces, I was not very happy with it.

However... if you get the 4ohm version of the 410UL, it does sound nice... very 'hi fi', crisp and clean, if that's the sound you are looking for.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    a fellow TB'er loves that combo. fast, responsive, hifi, yet really burly (love that word... :p)

4. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    +1