ebs hd 350 + avater 210 neo cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Jun 6, 2005.

1. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    Is this a good combination?

ebs hd 350 head + avater 210 neo cab ?

the ebs head has 350 watts, and the 2x10 cabinet 600 watts, will this work? and is the 2x10 neo really a good cabinet?

2. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    on its own its ok for cafe gigs and jazz stuff.. but if you are playing with a band I would definitly get the B212 or a 410 and maybe add the 210 later... you really need the bigger cab for rock stuff..
  3. Yeah it will definately work, although that head is only 350 watts at 2ohms i think? so you will be underpowering the cab a bit.

Also, those neo cabs have a bit of a mid hump, so I'd check it out to see if its the sound you are looking for before you buy...
  4. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    but it's no problem the cab is underpowered?

and is the head 350 watts @ 2ohms?? so i can add two 4 ohm cabs?
  5. yeah, as far as I know... I know the TD650 is only 650watts at 2 ohms...(unfortunately their website doesn't give the different ohm ratings for this amp?)

And yes, if I am correct, you can run 2 x 4ohm cabs.

Underpowering a cab shouldn't be a problem for the cab, but it might put some strain on your amp (I'm not sure about this), so maybe not a good idea to run it at 2 ohms with two of those cabs...
  6. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    i've downloaded the manual, its 350 watt @ 4 ohms, so one avatar 2x10 600 watt @ 4 ohm, is it a bad idea? or should i look for a 350/400 watt cab @ 4 ohms
  7. yeah, it should be fine then if you are only running one cab. I think that combination of amp and cab should work fine together - the ebs is really tight in the bottom end!

Although a lower wattage cab will give your amp some headroom to work with and let you really push it and speakers just a little bit more...
  8. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    mmm, allright it will work, but maybe i have to look for an other cab? ideas for about 400 dollars? 400 watt @ 4 ohms
  9. I dunno what the price of the ebs cabs is over there, but they obviously work really nicely with that head... they are lacking a tiny bit on the real bottom end though if you are playing a 5-string?
  10. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    no no 4-string fender jazz bass (with j-retro)... and i play funkrock, maybe that helps?
  11. slapping? the Ebs is awsome for slapping! it isn't your huge full ampeg type rock sound though... The ebs is much cleaner and more articulate, bringing out all the tiny nuances of your playing. If you are looking for a big sound though, this isn't the best option in my opinion. for funk though it should be awsome!
  12. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    but with wich (not too exensive) cabinet?
  13. I can't help you there unfortunately, we don't have a good range of cheap cabs over here, and I don't know the prices of cabs over there unfortunately...

Haopefully someone can jump in here and help you out with that...
  14. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    is this an idea?

nemesis 2x12 cab, its 400 watts @ 4 ohms.

can it handle really slapfunkrock? i like the punchy sound of 10'' speakers, will this work also with a 2x12?
  15. I haven't heard the nemesis cabs, but I am a big fan of the eden cabs, especially their xst cabs. If the nemesis is anything like those I'd give it a big thumbs up!
  16. DUDE, very sorry about one of my previous replys concerning running the EBS 350 at 2 ohms... Apparently this is not a good idea - I don't think it is rated to take a 2 ohm load.
  17. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    a faq on the ebs site:

Q: I have an EBS HD350 driving an EBS-410 and EBS-15F cab both rated 4 ohms.

With both cabs plugged into the head I am down to 2 ohms load.

My question is: The head is rated at 350 watts output. What will be the output at 2 ohms running both cabs and what would be the output at 4 ohms if I use just one cab?

A: The continuous output power would still be 350W, even if you load the amp with one or two 4 ohms cabinets.

One difference though, the total peak power increases by nearly 20% if you load the amp down to 2 ohms.

so it can, but their advice is to run it at 4 ohms...
  18. thanx, I'm glad you checked that out - I'm considering buying the TD650 at the moment...
  19. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Hartke XLs have a really bright slap tone. Their 210 is rated for 2000watts @ ohms and cuts very ncely. Pairing it with a 115XL would give you a very round tone and handle 400 watts @ 4 ohms.

I don't know what the price runs on those in Europe though.
  20. I have a quick impedance question. I have four 8 ohm bagend S 15 XD cabinets and the HD 350.
    So far I have only used one or two of the Bagend at one time.I do every once in a while run out of headroom when I pluck very hard.
    So I'm thinking 3 Bagends would maybe be a nice stack. I'm just not sure about what my impedance would be at that point.
    I have one Neutrik cable from the amp to cabinet one and from there I have used a standard speaker cable to cab two.
    I would then want to go from cab 2 into number three with another standard 1/4" cable.
    Would that be a good way to connect the speakers and what would my impedance be at that point?
    I don't think I'll ever hook up all four of them.I have one sitting in my room for practicing.
    By the way I wired in L pads before all the horns in my cabs.Now I can reduce the sizzle and the Bagends sound a whole lot better.