EBS HD350 vs. EA iamp350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I am trying to decide between the two of these amps. I actually have owned both at different times, which do you guys find to be the better amp and what are you using it for? Pros and Cons of each would be great. Thanks, Marc
  2. I haven't played the HD350 yet, though I should this weekend. I'll give it a good run through. I own an iAMP 350, so I'll let you know what I think. I will be taking my own bass there so I hope to have a good comparison.

3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i used to own the EA, and i've played the HD350 many many times at a local shop.

the EA is much cleaner, and its accuracy is very very sweet, rather than clinical. one of the better "hifi" kind of bass sounds you'll ever come across. lets your bass really shine thru, but with a touch of EA magic. and the EQ is incredibly versatile, and lets you tailor to whatever you need. also, the 15 lbs. box is both lightweight and small enough to toss into a backpack or shoulderpack.

the EBS, on the other hand, does both clean, and very mean. on the whole, its tone is a bit on the edgey side similar to what i hear in a few Eden heads, but quite as so. the drive switch really gives you a great rock like sound and can get pretty aggressive.

its EQ is versatile enough for most bassists, but nothing like the EA. still, the included compressor/limiter, speaker sim, etc. are very nice perks.

its bigger much heavier, and fits into a regular sized 2 rack case, but that's the tradeoff for all the added benefits.

tonally, the EBS can naturally get a wider range of "amp" tones. whereas, the more transparent EA allows your basses' voice shine thru for a greater range of "bass" tones. up to you want you want.