Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS microamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 30, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    has anyone tryed, or owns this preamp? any opinions, and if possible how is it compared to a sansamp RBI or BDDI?.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It beast the SABDDI hands down. But then, its so much more than that. Two channel, mute box, A/B box. The pre is more powerful, with a greater ability to sculpt the clean sound. The pre is actually a pre... its also a headphone amp. Its well made. And above all, it sounds great :)

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I've been bitten by the EBS bug lately... Pitty i don't have the dough to shell out for a 412 of theirs :( One day...

4. We have EBS microbass preamp at school. I haven't tried it out so much, but what I have tried its very clean sound. Like the taste of water.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The benefit of going to school in Sweden, eh?

6. haha Yes it actually is. We only have EBS products at our school.
    Most of the time I am using EBS HD350 with 4x10. Or Fafner with 4x10 + 1x15 with 1x10 (At my school). We have quite alot EBS products actually. But just 2 Microbass preamps. But 4 HD350 and 2 Fafners.

Just kidding with you :p
    EBS is exacly as expensive in sweden as in USA. And we got 2 Microbass preamps at our school (That is true). But nothing else :(

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I like you :) You make me laugh. This is true of most swedes that I have met :)

8. That's a good one...I was ready to move to Sweden!!! ;)

9. Thank you guys :smug:

10. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Your chicks rule

11. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, Im swedish too and I also love the Microamp. It´s in another league compared to the sansamp. The comment blanket over your speaker comes to mind. The EBS is so much more HiFi but can still make a great tubey overdrive. I regret selling mine but I needed the cash...

...and our chicks do rule (as in leading companies etc) ;). We are one of the most equal countries in the world on that point. :D

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i live in spain dude if you want to sell it PM me ok :smug: