EBS MicroBass 3 Demo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by archisland, Mar 9, 2019.

1. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Hi ya’ll! Here’s my demo of the EBS MicroBass 3:

And here’s how it sounds straight into the DAW:

Hoigle, Whippet, thanos k and 8 others like this.
  2. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    Very interesting unit... I don't really need one, but I'm looking for reasons. These demos help ;)

archisland likes this.
  3. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    Oh, how clean would you say it is?

archisland likes this.
  4. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player

Jun 12, 2008
    Very cool. I have a MicroBass 2 that I use all the time in the studio and as a backup in my gig bag to patch into the PA if I have amp problems. Odd controls but very good sound. Do you know the 2 well enough to comment on the differences?

Tom Bomb likes this.
  5. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player

Jun 12, 2008
    Oh, and can you run it off phantom power from the board, like the MicroBass 2? That's pretty much the only way I use it, and the web page for the MicroBass 3 makes no mention of power options other than outboard 9v.

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nice demo, (the first one is all I heard). I love how you isolate the bass briefly in the mix. I was a bit confused til I realized your bass is tuned to “scary”.

archisland likes this.
  7. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    As long as you watch the gain, I’d say that it’s REALLY clean (on the clean side :) )

Tom Bomb likes this.
  8. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Sadly, I haven’t played enough through the MicroBass 2 to be able to comment on the differences (although, as far as I know it needs an external power source and can not run on phantom power from the PA/FOH) :/

9. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    BEAD - and then a drop D! So... BDAD for this one :)

10. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Wow, I love it! Kinda wish the comp sounded like the Tubesim setting on the EBS MultiComp, but no complaints about the EQ or the OD.

archisland likes this.
  11. Yosbank

Yosbank

Feb 6, 2019
    interesting
    [​IMG]

archisland likes this.
  12. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive

Apr 23, 2014
    :woot:

archisland likes this.
  13. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Erik - any street date yet?

14. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    I THINK mid May?

15. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    dang. Your videos and involvement in music is really amazing. I have a feeling you are going to get far in the music world. Almost all of us lack some part in commitment and make little excuses. You just dont seem to lack any of it. Your play style, your gear, and understanding is just at another level where most of us cant even envision.

Truly outstanding. I only wish the best for you!

16. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    thank you! it'd potentially be a belated bday present to myself... but the YYZ pedal also comes out in May.... argh.

archisland likes this.
  17. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    Woah. That was the most epic and kind comment I’ve ever gotten. Thank you so much, man! That REALLY means a lot!! Thanks!!

BrentSimons and Indiedog like this.
  18. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    No problem. You have an aura that most people dont have and even through the PC screen, it is very evident.
    Sadly most of us are consumed with too many material things that mean nothing in the long run and that, blankets our aura and existence and chokes our passion. You are doing it right. The passion is evident. It is on a different level than most.

The only thing I can say beyond this for you is, if you havent tried singing and playing, you should give it a try. I understand your vocalist might feel a little crowded but I get this feeling that you could probably pull it off, if you make a place for it in the band.

Anyway it is always good to watch your uploads, it makes us viewers feel great!

19. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Wait, I just watched again and noticed that even with the drive level cranked, it looks like switching the Drive on with pretty much any of the drive channel blended in makes the signal *quieter*. Whaaaaa?? Timestamp from about 12 minutes to 14 minutes give or take.

20. archisland

archisland

Mar 5, 2016
    Stockholm
    That was because I was running the drive in series and not parallel (or if it was the other way around... :D ) :)