1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS microbass II fx loop questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DeeDeeKing, Oct 18, 2016.

1. hello there,
    i'm after a microbass II but first i would like to know if there's a way to switch on/off the effects loop.
    i would like to put togheter a micropog, a ehx B9 and a verbzilla in the fx loop with fixed settings, and being able to on and off them with a single switch....still can't understand if the microbass is able to do it.
    if not, is there a preamp stompbox able to do it?
    thank you very much guys

2. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    I've only played with the EBS once or twice, but as I recall it has a wet/dry blend for the effects, but not a "routing/bypass" switch. IIRC, the Radial Bassbone V2 allows you to turn the effect loop on/off and has a wet/dry blend for it as well. This feature may be on some of their other bass oriented pedals too, I'm not sure.

There may be other options to the Radial, but I'm not a huge effects or effects loop player so I don't have much more to offer. I hope that helps!

DeeDeeKing likes this.
  3. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    No the Microbass doesn't have a switch for the effect loop. It does have a effect blend knob, so you could reach down and turn the knob all the way to the left to remove the effects, but it's not a foot switch.

You could use a Boss LS-2 to switch your effects in and out, or a blend pedal like the ones made by Wounded Paw. The Basswitch IQ has an effect loop foot switch too. Or use a 'looper' - a pedal for switching in and out effects.

DeeDeeKing likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021