Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS Microbass II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Badenough, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Badenough

Badenough

Dec 30, 2000
    Oslo Norway
    Got myself a EBS MicroBassII. Amazing sound.
    With this and my my old SansAmp DI i Cover a lot of sounds.

Outboard Preamp/DI box Can be used as an active DI box, a one or two channel preamp, instrument switcher or blender. Two channels, sound shaping from high end solid-state types to distorted timbres using the tube emulation circuitry. It has effects loop for other effect pedals or for mixing in an external audio source such as CD player for rehearsal purposes.
    Balanced output has a speaker simulator option. Two footswitches control mute and channel operation/switching. Headphones output, battery low indicator, link and master outputs, bass, sweepable midrange, treble, bright and edge filters, drive and effects mix controls.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I posted about this a few days ago in effects forum, maybe amps would have been better...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108112

I don't know when they're going to be available over here in the US, would you mind letting us know how much you paid for it? And I guess for comparison, how much other EBS pedals cost there so we have an idea of the difference.

3. Badenough

Badenough

Dec 30, 2000
    Oslo Norway
    The list price here in Oslo for EBS Dynaverb, BassIQ, Multicomp, Unicorus and Multidrive are approx $280 each. The Octabass is $210.

For the Microbass I don't actually know yet as I grabbed the only one they got a few minutes after it arrived. A friend of mine owns the store and he is going to bill me when he knows the price.

4. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    so, how's it sound?

5. Aslan

Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Bump!
    I'm also very interested how it sounds. Does it manage to drive a poweramp by itself?

6. Bekkeland

Bekkeland

May 16, 2003
    Sandnes, Norway
    How does the overdrive sound compared to the EBS Multidrive (if u have tried one)
    Is the overdrive control on on of the channels?
    Not to much info on the EBS website...

(Bluestryne fra Sandnes)