1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ebs microbass users please help me

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phippsyg, Jul 22, 2007.

1. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    I posted this on effects without much love.:crying:

Probably more applicable here though as I am using the microbass as my main preamp.

I recently purchased one of these and returned it after having some distortion problems. The main issue is resolved with the replacement I received, but please help me understand something about this unit. Either I am confused, paranoid or have a crap pedal.

How should you run the volume and boost settings, do they even relate? Should the boost only be used to match the output between the 2 basses, and should it be turned off the rest of the time with the volume knob up full. I ask because when I plug my Alembic in if I turn the boost on, even a quarter of a turn, a low e or a chord causes distortion (plugged in to channel A, channel, and it is not a dirtier signal from channel B). However if I press the -10db button it resolves this. When I rang the shop they said I should be able to turn the boost on without causing distortion. If they had not told me this I would assume it should be flat unless needed and I am running a signal too hot when I turn it up?

Please help me with this, is driving me nuts (or overdriving me nuts)

Besides this I am wondering HOW you use your microbass; 2 basses, 1 bass with diffrent eq settings etc.
    Thanks guys.

2. phippsyg

phippsyg

May 28, 2007
    Sydney
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Optima Strings
    :bag: