1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ebs multi comp....new models = true bypass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    I heard the new models have true bypass, but other than that is there any noticeable difference between the 2 ? For those who has experience w the models, feedback wld be great

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I never turn mine off so it's probably a mute point for me. :D

FWIW, I think all the EBS pedals are now true bypass. I own both true and older non true bypass EBS pedals and I cannot tell the difference.

I've seen a couple of posts where people were actually looking for the buffered versions.

3. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    u the colored tone sounds better?

4. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Not sure what you're asking.
    The compresor is set to a light setting using the Tube Sim position and just works for me for taming slap transients a little bit.
    As far as bypass mode on the buffered pedals, I can't tell the difference from the true bypass ones.

5. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Buffered =/= audibly colored tone.

6. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    sorry, i was under the impression that buffered = colored. So wad exactly do buffered means??

Im askin this cause someone is selling a used(good condition) old generation multicomp for 35USD cheaper than they sell in stores(true bypass ver.)

Im not sure if its wise to fork out 35usd xtra for the true bypass.

Anyways, Bongo thanks for your awesome compressor reviews

7. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Buffer = active, like an active bass. It may be colored or transparent in sound, to any degree. Be aware that I'm talking about the footswitch, not the effect (which is inherently active).

8. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    For many other brands of pedals I would prefer true bypass,
    but on the EBS stuff it seems to be a non-issue.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021