1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Multicomp or Boss LMB3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by supremo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. supremo

supremo

Oct 20, 2008
    Any opinion for those comps?
    I don't know which of them should i get!

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
  3. pjh2112

pjh2112

Jan 28, 2009
    Georgia
    I have owned both of them. The Boss was hissy, I didn't really like it that much. I guess it's okay for the money, but the fact is you get what you pay for. I currently own the EBS. It is a top of the line pedal IMHO. If you can bare spending the money for it then I would buy it, it is a great pedal. Just pricey. Like said before apples and oranges.

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    A bit of range there in terms of dollars. If compressors like the EBS are in your price range, I'd also suggest looking into the Demeter Compulator.

5. rjs6700

rjs6700

Jul 25, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    I never had any luck with the LMB, but once I got the MulitComp I understood the use of compressors. Now it stays on most of the time.

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    +1. One is a compressor, the other is a very extreme (potentially) limiter. While it's the same tech they do different jobs. The LMB-3, for me, is entirely un-subtle. If it's simple compression you want get the EBS. If it's strong-arm tactics you need get the Boss.

Oh, and never turn up the "Enhance" knob on the Boss. If this chap had problems with hiss with no "Enhance" then he had a faulty pedal, or was trying to make up gain with it. Leave the level at unity (12 O'Clock) or lower and you won't have any noise problems. The Boss is a good unit if you want a limiter.