Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ebs multidrive VS gallien diesel dawg

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowmid, Apr 10, 2005.

1. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Hello, I've got An atk bass with an ashdown And I've already got my stingray growl sound, but i'm looking for something that would emulate the sound of the bass solo on the track know your enemy of RATM.I've already tried a guv'nor but it is defintitley a guitar pedal, maybe the vintage one

But I've tested the multidrive and I've found it came close , have to try it on my bass

how would the dawg perform, i've read here it could replicate this kind of sound

thanks anyway, a Newbie!

2. the new guv'nor is a no go area for bass... the old one is possible but remember timmy c has that pedal modded as is all of his stuff (going on what he says there!)

To my ears you want something that's gonna give you a nice amount of natural overdrive... to my ears is always sounds better coming from a preamp. what kind of ashdwon have you got? i take it the tube (if you have it) will not get dirty enough for you? I don't have alot of ashdown experience but maybe try playing with the preamp gain...

I'd also try a search cos' timmy gets a fair bit of discution here and i'm sure the sound on know your enemy will have been!

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    the dawg would probably do fine, I felt it did better at distortion than od

4. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I have the ABM ashdown with a tube/fet preamp
    it's great but to have a really nice OD you have to drive the preamp into full tube, which is too tubey when you play all the clean stuff. I mostly play with it set at 50%fet and 50%tube...
    maybe I sould consider trying a sansamp RBI or the tri-ac

but i really want to try the dawg out or at least to hear a sample, does anybody have one??

5. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I used to have a Stingray and I also used to have a Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive. Timmy C used a Stingray on that album and when I kicked on my ODB-3, I got that exact tone. It could have largely been due to the overwhelming growl of the Stingray, but that pedal made it sound just like it did on the CD.

6. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    bump!