Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS NEO-112 over Aguilar GS 112 worth the price gap???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Texx, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    i wanna downsize to a single cab solution because i play mostly small club gigs recently.
    From what i read here on TB the Aggie could lack some midrange which would be bad for a more traditional "middy" kind of P-Bass sound i like. On the other hand the EBS would cost more and is smaller and therefore probably lacks low end.
    Did anyone compre those two?

2. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    I sold my Aguilar and bought a EBS, cause I was not happy by the way that Aguilar cut through on stage. While the Aggie sounds very good, has more bass and is perhaps a little louder, the EBS has that midrange sound that ables me to hear myself better.
    My best advice is to try both cabs at a gig, and both cabs need a powerful amp to get the best out og them

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My advise since you´re in germany is to try a Glockenklang or a Tech Soundsystem 12". Both those companies make some of the best bass gear in the world. I have played a Glockenklang UNO (15") and it totally smokes the EBS 15´s.
    So out of A or B I choos C. Really helpful. ;)

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I don't know if you can get GK there, but the GK Neo 112 has much more midrange presence and punch, and its louder than the Aguilar. And it's maybe less money, not sure about the shipping though. Good luck.