EBS NEO 112 vs Epifani 112 UL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassophile, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Did anyone compare these two cabs or any of those cab with some other with 12" speaker?
  2. FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    I did compare these two cabs last year. I had high expectations of both cabs to be used in a stand alone situation but I was a bit dissapointed by the EBS soundwise. I find it hard to describe what I didn't like, but I'll give it a try:

The Epifani sounded much more "hi-fi", convincing lows and sparkling highs. The EBS sounded more "rock" to me, a lot of punch but too much "mid". I tried both cabs with a Glockenklang Soul amp (flat EQ).

I hope this helps somewhat.

3. I had the same experience with the EBS NEO 212... too much of a mid hump... but in a pronounced way, not like the schroeders.
  4. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    yeah...played two small shows last weekend; My new EBS NEO 112
    replaced my markbass 210. At the beginning i was irritated...the EBS is MIDS, MIDS, MIDS but after i EQed in some lows and turned up the tweeter a little i got a very good rock sound. The drummer and the guitarist really like my sound and the overall stage sound now.
    This cab is not hifi, it's a loud old school rock cab.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the one EBS neo 1x12 cab i saw was poorly crafted. lifting carpet, an unaligned grill, and knobs that seemed to be drilled funky.

was really disappointed. :(
  6. alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    I auditioned both these along with an EA CXL112 and ended up buying the EA. The EA is very neutral and went a lot deeper than the other two, as portable, and has great power handling also.