Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS NEO 112 vs Epifani 112 UL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassophile, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Did anyone compare these two cabs or any of those cab with some other with 12" speaker?
    Thanks!

2. FR5

FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Netherlands
    I did compare these two cabs last year. I had high expectations of both cabs to be used in a stand alone situation but I was a bit dissapointed by the EBS soundwise. I find it hard to describe what I didn't like, but I'll give it a try:

The Epifani sounded much more "hi-fi", convincing lows and sparkling highs. The EBS sounded more "rock" to me, a lot of punch but too much "mid". I tried both cabs with a Glockenklang Soul amp (flat EQ).

I hope this helps somewhat.

Steven

3. I had the same experience with the EBS NEO 212... too much of a mid hump... but in a pronounced way, not like the schroeders.

4. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    yeah...played two small shows last weekend; My new EBS NEO 112
    replaced my markbass 210. At the beginning i was irritated...the EBS is MIDS, MIDS, MIDS but after i EQed in some lows and turned up the tweeter a little i got a very good rock sound. The drummer and the guitarist really like my sound and the overall stage sound now.
    This cab is not hifi, it's a loud old school rock cab.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the one EBS neo 1x12 cab i saw was poorly crafted. lifting carpet, an unaligned grill, and knobs that seemed to be drilled funky.

was really disappointed. :(

6. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    I auditioned both these along with an EA CXL112 and ended up buying the EA. The EA is very neutral and went a lot deeper than the other two, as portable, and has great power handling also.