EBS Neo cabs

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mikkejohansson, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Has anyone tried the EBS (www.ebs.bass.se) Neo-line sepakers for URB? They have 1x12, 1x10, 2x12, 2x10 configs.

They are very lightweight so I was thinking they might make a nice companion for my MB150 (which I like a lot)...
  2. Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Tjena Mikke!
    (Let's take it in English for the other members...)
    I use a EBS NEO112 with my Eden WT-550 and it sounds wonderful!!! It's the best combination I've had for my urb. It also works fine with my BGs. And it only weights 11kg... :)
    Try it! You will be hooked!
  3. Awsome.

My thought right now is to go with 2 1x12s so i can vary the rig from gig to gig. I have an alltube amp (Mesa) for EBG gigs but sometimes the GK is just enough.

With the two 1x12s I'll have sooooo many options on what to bring to the gig.

Only objection is the tube head will look a bit silly and "ostabil" (?) on top of the cabs since they are not as wide as the amp head....

And yes - english is good :)
  4. Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Two EBS 1x12s would be really great IMO!Very portable.

Is it the 400+ that you have? I play a lot of hard rock and metal, and my Eden (which I love) can be a little too clean. How does it sound? Can you compare it to the Ampeg SVT-CL?
    I know this has been discussed many times before but since we are talking about it now... :D
  5. Wow, Is that the cabinet only wieghing 11 Kilo's? I've owned an EBS drome combo for a long time and I'm surprised they are not more popular here in the US. ASG
  6. Sorry Aslan, no 400+. The amp i have is a Mesa Buster 200, 200W all-tube. It's kind of like half a 400+...but not quite. Same 7-band eq but more of a "vintage-style" head.

I have owned an SVT-CL and played a 400+ and i must say I like the 400+ more. On most occasions at least... Could be that the SVT I had (1998 model) was built pretty poorly and started to give me a lot of hassle.

I've also had a vintage '76 Ampeg V4B, but sold it to buy the Mesa just becasue the Mesa felt more "reliable" and had a few modern twists that i liked (DI, efff loop, graph eq m m). The V4B is great though!

Still liking the idea of two 1x12s, I made a list of possible rigs;

* Mesa + one 1x12 (ideal for smaller rock/pop EBG gigs, with PA supp)
    * Mesa + two 1x12s (larger rock EBG gigs, still portable though)
    * GK on its own (100W, good for small EBG gigs and URB gigs)
    * GK + one 1x12 (150W, larger URB gigs)
    * Gk + tw 1x12s (150W w/o internal speaker, no point (?) but still...)

...for "huge" gigs I'll be relying on rentals and backline support.

Still, that 2x12 Neo looks very nice :)
  7. ...fells like I'm drifting of topic here. I apologize.
  8. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Im also looking for a new amp, cab. Thinking about EBS neo 1x10 ( 1x12? ) and a clarus-head. I have no chance to try one but it looks realy nice :smug: Soo.... anyone more tried it with URB???

Or... should i buy the new AI contra-combo :confused: