EBS Neo Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, May 6, 2005.

1. I tried out a EBS stack with a EBS 2x12 neo and 2x10 and the HD 350 amp. That rig just rocked my world! It had a big sound and was very clear! And it's light weight to.
    Anyone tried their neo cabs?
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I really like the "ebs tone" in their heads. How do you like it compared to your epifani ul rig?
  3. BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    Had a chance to play hd350 with neo110 and neo112. The tone was amazing, these cabs sounded extremaly clear and even more transparent than EBS proline cabs. I was also surprised how much sound can come from such small boxes. I'm putting the upcoming neo 410 on my gas list.
  4. i tried out a hd350 with 2x neo112" and as bassjaro wrote. clear and transparent even without the horn and with an amazing amount of bottom for it´s size!
    i liked it and am now even considering selling the V4BH+412 to get that rig...(well i propably wont)
    i have tried out their 4x10´s 1x15´s and 2x12´s and i think these neo cabs sounds better to my ears
  5. Well, That's hard! I really like my Epi rig - small and great sound. It's very clear. I haven't played that many gigs with the Epi yet, so it hard to tell. I'm play in band with 5 other guys and we play medium - big places and there I all ways use my EBS Fafner and EBS 4x10. That rig has a very punchy and tight sound. Still sounding big. It would be great adding a 2x12 to the rig to get more lows :)
  6. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I tried a single 12" NEO. LOUD and FULL sounding. Really punchy as well. Really nice cab.. It's about $1300 over here though :)
  7. Weasel

Feb 18, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    I just changed EBS-410 to EBS NEO-212. Not that 410 was bad cab, really really far from it, but NEO is just half as heavy (about 24kg, I actually smile when I carry it :D ) and its sound (rounder and warmer) suits my current projects better. Some colleague of mine had some thoughts if the NEO-212 was loud enough but I proved theme wrong easily. Cab can handle 600W (RMS) and with Fafner-head there´s no worries coming short in volume.

I highly recommend to take ride with one of these beauties!

Here are the specs:

Frequency Response 40 - 18k Hz
    Sensitivity 103 dB
    Power Rating 600 W RMS
    Impedance 4 ohms
    Volume 103 liters
    Height 61 cm / 24"
    Width 58 cm / 23"
    Depth 44 cm / 17"
    Weight 24 kg / 53 lbs
  8. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Tried out a Neo112 powered by an AI Clarus SL last month and found it to be an excellent combination.

So damn light too!
  9. geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    I use EBS NEO112 with AI Focus SA (SABDDI as a preamp),and it is excellent,havent had a chance to try it in the gig yet (nearest gig is new years eve) but i am sure it will cut through allright.for its size the cab has a huge low end.and it is very light too.
  10. Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    i have a EBS neo112 and the HD350 head and when i playd whit my old hardrock band i couldent cut through i was DI out to the PA so i sounded out to the audience but i couldent hear my self on stage, this chrismas i will proboby get another one... then i think i will cut trough and i will hear my self up on stage
  11. bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    I am very happy with my 2 neo 112 cabs. They have a lower mid that really cuts though on stage. I actually sold my Aguilar 112 cab for a EBS, the Aguilar sounded absolute super soloed, but I could not make it work on stage.
    One thing about the EBS Neo 112 is that it really shines when you give it
    plenty of power. Give it 6-800 w and you will be surpriced how loud you can go.
    And the weight is 11 kg(22lbs)...