1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS Neo Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, May 6, 2005.

1. I tried out a EBS stack with a EBS 2x12 neo and 2x10 and the HD 350 amp. That rig just rocked my world! It had a big sound and was very clear! And it's light weight to.
    Anyone tried their neo cabs?

2. inazone

inazone Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I really like the "ebs tone" in their heads. How do you like it compared to your epifani ul rig?

3. BassJaro

BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    Had a chance to play hd350 with neo110 and neo112. The tone was amazing, these cabs sounded extremaly clear and even more transparent than EBS proline cabs. I was also surprised how much sound can come from such small boxes. I'm putting the upcoming neo 410 on my gas list.

4. i tried out a hd350 with 2x neo112" and as bassjaro wrote. clear and transparent even without the horn and with an amazing amount of bottom for it´s size!
    i liked it and am now even considering selling the V4BH+412 to get that rig...(well i propably wont)
    i have tried out their 4x10´s 1x15´s and 2x12´s and i think these neo cabs sounds better to my ears

5. Well, That's hard! I really like my Epi rig - small and great sound. It's very clear. I haven't played that many gigs with the Epi yet, so it hard to tell. I'm play in band with 5 other guys and we play medium - big places and there I all ways use my EBS Fafner and EBS 4x10. That rig has a very punchy and tight sound. Still sounding big. It would be great adding a 2x12 to the rig to get more lows :)

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I tried a single 12" NEO. LOUD and FULL sounding. Really punchy as well. Really nice cab.. It's about $1300 over here though :)

7. Weasel

Weasel

Feb 18, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    I just changed EBS-410 to EBS NEO-212. Not that 410 was bad cab, really really far from it, but NEO is just half as heavy (about 24kg, I actually smile when I carry it :D ) and its sound (rounder and warmer) suits my current projects better. Some colleague of mine had some thoughts if the NEO-212 was loud enough but I proved theme wrong easily. Cab can handle 600W (RMS) and with Fafner-head there´s no worries coming short in volume.

I highly recommend to take ride with one of these beauties!

Here are the specs:

Frequency Response 40 - 18k Hz
    Sensitivity 103 dB
    Power Rating 600 W RMS
    Impedance 4 ohms
    Volume 103 liters
    Height 61 cm / 24"
    Width 58 cm / 23"
    Depth 44 cm / 17"
    Weight 24 kg / 53 lbs

8. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Tried out a Neo112 powered by an AI Clarus SL last month and found it to be an excellent combination.

So damn light too!

9. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    I use EBS NEO112 with AI Focus SA (SABDDI as a preamp),and it is excellent,havent had a chance to try it in the gig yet (nearest gig is new years eve) but i am sure it will cut through allright.for its size the cab has a huge low end.and it is very light too.

10. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    i have a EBS neo112 and the HD350 head and when i playd whit my old hardrock band i couldent cut through i was DI out to the PA so i sounded out to the audience but i couldent hear my self on stage, this chrismas i will proboby get another one... then i think i will cut trough and i will hear my self up on stage

11. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    I am very happy with my 2 neo 112 cabs. They have a lower mid that really cuts though on stage. I actually sold my Aguilar 112 cab for a EBS, the Aguilar sounded absolute super soloed, but I could not make it work on stage.
    One thing about the EBS Neo 112 is that it really shines when you give it
    plenty of power. Give it 6-800 w and you will be surpriced how loud you can go.
    And the weight is 11 kg(22lbs)...